30-minute, almost one pan, hot and cheesy green chile chicken enchiladas you’ll want to roll in. That’s what you have here. Make-ahead and shortcut friendly (a big shout out to rotisserie chicken) makes these even easier and something the entire family can enjoy on a busy weeknight.
You need to know that I’ve been craving these green chile chicken enchiladas since the last time I made them. Craving. Like a nut. My mouth is watering just sitting here trying to write this–they’re that good. And the truth is–I don’t even normally like enchiladas.
But honey I like these and you will too.
Even my kids ate them–well Logan did. Caroline just picked the chicken out and ate that. I ate mine and hers. And half of Logan’s. And I hovered over Jeremy while he ate his like a buzzard waiting for the scraps. I’m just going to blame all that on hormones.
Or maybe I’m just totally greedy.
This recipe comes from a fantastic one-pan cookbook from JoCooks called (imagine this) 30-Minute One-Pot Meals and if you’re part of the 99.974% of Americans who have pretty much zero time to cook, you need to get your hands on this book.
You’re going to find all kinds of other fantastic options like this buried inside its pages. But you’ll need to wait until you can pull yourself away from the cheesy addiction of these green chile chicken enchiladas to do it. That might take a while.
You can make these with a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken or just drop some meat in a pot of boiling water and cook them through then shred them. That’s what I do.
And don’t skip the fresh onions and tomatoes on top. In my opinion they really brought a fresh element to the dish. Not to mention it looks pretty. And looking good is half of believing something tastes good. We love a good mind game, don’t we?
30-Minute Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
An easy 30-minute family favorite filled with chicken and cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 16 ounces green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 4- ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 medium tortillas
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, green chiles, half of the cheese and and 1 cup of the green chile enchilada sauce. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining enchilada sauce and the sour cream. Pour half of this mixture into the bottom of your baking pan.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, scoop about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the center. Roll up, and place them in your dish, seam side down. Repeat with the others lining them up close together (touching) in your pan.
- Top with the remaining sauce and cover with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, 25 minutes. Top with cilantro, onions and tomato. Serve hot.
Comfort food that's easier than herding cats.
It's possible and I'll show you how.
PLUS: Subscribe today and get my free guide to the "13 pantry staples every busy mom needs to get dinner done FAST."