One pan tuscan chicken is one of those wonders that leaves you saying “Dang that was good”. You’ll make it once, then you’ll make it every week. You’ll be just like me. Tuscan chicken obsessed.
Are you ready to tackle this new year? I’m feeling really ready because I have some great things lined up for you this year and I can hardly stand it. Guess what? There’s a cookbook coming. One filled with all sorts of great recipes you’re gonna make aaallll the time. And none of them have been on this blog.
I keep thinking if I make it public then I’m committed and won’t flake out and stop working on it. I’m testing recipes and doing development now and I hope to have it ready by late spring/early summer so hold on to your britches and make my macaroni and cheese like everyone else. Maybe it will tide you over till the book is done. It seems to sustain most of the United States on any given day.
Or dive into a pan of tuscan chicken–a blend of tomatoes, beans, tender chicken and spices that everyone in my family actually eats. It’s a small miracle. This recipe comes from the amazing Wanderlust Kitchen–Annetta is all about recipes that reach far beyond my country and southern roots as she makes all kinds of delicacies from around the world. She’s an avid traveler (never mind I haven’t had a toenail on a plane since I was 11) and if you want to take a culinary trip to somewhere else, jump over and take a look at what she has going on.
One Pan Tuscan Chicken
- 2 inch large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion or 1/2 of a medium finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper divided
- 1 12 ounce package mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped not in oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large skillet with deep sides (I like my big cast iron), heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until starting to shimmer; add the chicken and brown the outside, turning once--about 3 minutes or so per side.
- Reduce heat to medium and transfer the chicken to a plate for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the mushrooms, stir until sautéed and slightly brown--about 5 minutes or so. Add 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 the pepper and stir well. Transfer to the plate with the chicken.
- In the skillet, add the onion and cook until softened and translucent--about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, sun dried tomatoes, herbs, sugar and remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and add the chicken and mushrooms back into the pan.
- Simmer on low to blend the flavors and cook the chicken through--about 20 minutes or so. Serve warm with crusty bread.
Comfort food that's easier than herding cats.
It's possible and I'll show you how.
PLUS: Subscribe today and get my free guide to the "13 pantry staples every busy mom needs to get dinner done FAST."