Throw dinner together in no time with this incredibly easy 20-minute taco pie with crescent rolls. No need to make a crust or fuss with fancy fillings–you can even make this ahead and bake it off when you’re ready. Add some easy rice or a side salad and dinner is served!
You know what I love about crescent rolls? You cannot mess those things up. I don’t care how much you squish them or mash them or whatever–they just turn out awesome. It’s all the butter in ’em I’m sure. And they won’t fail you here either. If you have 20 minutes, you can have a pretty tasty dinner on the table.
Feel free to make your family’s favorite variation by using ground turkey, spicy salsa, or pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar. The flavors will still be great. You can even make the filling ahead and stick it in the fridge for a couple of days then assemble this when you’re ready. Remember that you might need to cover your dough with a little foil so it doesn’t get too dark while the filling warms up and the cheese melts.
20-minute taco pie with crescent rolls
- 1 package large crescent rolls I tested with Pillsbury Grands flaky crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup salsa of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning (not quite a whole package so measure it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ounces can refried beans about 8
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano optional
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain away any grease
- In the same skillet add the refried beans, salsa, salt, and taco seasoning to the beef and stir well; bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat
- Open your crescent rolls and unroll. I had 4 large squares of dough with 2 triangles making up each square. Press the seams of the triangles together and working with one large square at a time, line a 9-inch pie plate. You can trim away any excess dough when you're done and don't worry what it looks like. If you have any thick spots, try to press them as evenly as possible with your hands.
- Transfer the beef mixture to your pie plate and top with cheese and oregano.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the rolls are browned. You may need to use a little aluminum foil to cover your crust edges if they start to get too dark.
- Let it stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Comfort food that's easier than herding cats.
It's possible and I'll show you how.
PLUS: Subscribe today and get my free guide to the "13 pantry staples every busy mom needs to get dinner done FAST."