Moist zucchini bread is a foolproof mix of nuts, cinnamon and zucchini in a tender loaf–spread it with a little butter and dig in!
My garden flopped. That’s pretty much the entire sad story. Except for the part where I bought these zucchini at the grocery store.
It’s such a shame, but now I’ve seen what 10 inches of rain in two weeks will do to a garden. Get the ark out Noah. Pretty much nothing survived. It was like my plants dissolved. And this is the time of year that I should have squash and zucchini running out my ears.
If you’ve had a better gardening year than I did, you’ve probably been looking for a way to use up what you’ve grown and zucchini bread is one of the best ways to do that. I’d like to think that most of you know how to make this already, but if not, I have you covered.
To make this bread ultra moist, you can add a package of vanilla pudding right into your batter. I do that in my banana nut bread and it’s awesome–it guarantees a super soft loaf. Feel free to throw it in if you like. You can also swap the oil for applesauce if you want a few less calories in your bread, and change up or leave out the nuts if you prefer.
The most boring post in the world has now ended. Hallelujah.
Now here’s your recipe:
Moist zucchini bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease two 9x5 loaf pans
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until well blended by hand.
- Add the sugar, oil and vanilla and mix.
- Sift the sour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda together into a small bowl.
- Add to the wet mix and stir until just blended. Don't overmix it.
- Stir in the zucchini and nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Sprinkle the top of each loaf with about a tablespoon of cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean--about 50 minutes. Tent with foil if the top gets too brown.
Comfort food is right every night.
I'll show you how to blend simplicity and soothing southern flavors in a flash.
Subscribe now and get my free guide to the "13 pantry staples every busy mom needs to get dinner done FAST."